The U.S.-Russia Initiative to Prevent Nuclear Terrorism Newsletter: December 2015 - February 2016
Members of the U.S.-Russia Initiative to Prevent Nuclear Terrorism weigh in on the Nuclear Security Summit, which will take place in Washington DC on March 31-April 1 and assess North Korea’s claim that it has tested a miniaturized hydrogen bomb; Belfer Center experts issue a report for the upcoming nuclear summit and visit Russia to discuss U.S.-Russian cooperation in the field of nuclear security.
Headlines of the December 2015 – February 2016 issue of the U.S.-Russia Initiative to Prevent Nuclear Terrorism Newsletter.
- Nuclear Security Summit to Adopt a Consensus Document on Next Steps.
- Russia Won’t Participate in NSS, But U.S. Hopes for Continued Cooperation.
- Ageing Helicopters Can Make U.S. ICBMs Vulnerable To Terrorist Attacks.
- Robert Einhorn Calls for Continuation of U.S.-Russian Cooperation in the Field of Nuclear Security.
- NNSA Announces Removal of Plutonium from Switzerland.
- Iridium-192 Gone Missing in Mexico.
- IAEA Chief Urges Application of Key Nuclear Security Agreement.
- Iridium-192 Recovered in Iraq.
- Graham Allison Cautions against Exaggerating Terrorist Threat to U.S.
- Italian-Made Vessels Will Transport Decommissioned Nuclear Reactors in Russia.
- Terrorist Suspect Spied on Belgian Nuclear Official.
- The Obama Administration Tries to End Funding for Half-Built MOX Plant.
- U.S. Intelligence: Threat of WMD is Real.
- U.S. Nuke Secrets Found in Trash Bags at Y-12.
- Former DoE Official Admits to Trying to Infect Computers at Nuclear Labs.
- DoE’s Ernest Moniz to Visit Kazakhstan.
- A U.S. National Academies Report Calls for Further Reduction of Use of HEU in Research Reactors.
- NNSA Details Its Threat Reduction Efforts in 2015.
- Retired and Current Officials Ponder DPRK’s Motives & Capabilities in Wake of Latest Nuclear Test.
- U.S. and Russia Receive Maxim Score for Nuclear Cyber Security From NTI.
- Ernest Moniz Informs White House of NNSA’s Ageing Facilities To Request More Funds.
- Three Men Arrested in Georgia For Trying to Sell Cesium-137.
- Japan to Ship 331 Kilograms of Plutonium to U.S.
- Report: ISIS May Attempt CBRN Attacks in Europe.
- Russia’s New Security Strategy Refers to WMD Terrorism Threat.
- Mayak Reprocesses More Spent Fuel.
- RVSN Procures Robotic Guards, New Security Systems.
- HEU Removed From Georgia For Storage in Russia.
- Russian, American Diplomats Underscore Importance of Preventing Nuclear Terrorism.
- IPFM Releases Global Fissile Material Report 2015.
- Report: Japanese Nuclear Facilities Might Be Vulnerable to Terrorist Attacks.
- Russian Government Plans Assessment of Nunn-Lugar Program.
- William Perry on Nightmare of Nuclear Terrorism.
- U.S. and Russian Experts Call for Revival of Nuclear Security Cooperation.
Analysis & Opinions - The National Interest
In the Spotlight
Discussion Paper - Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard Kennedy School
Policy Brief - Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard Kennedy School