US-Russia Initiative to Prevent Nuclear Terrorism Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs-
The U.S.-Russia Initiative to Prevent Nuclear Terrorism Newsletter: March - May 2017
Elbe Group is meeting tackles nuclear terrorism.
William Tobey weighs in on U.S. policy toward Russia.
Siegfried Hecker’s Doomed to Cooperate wins a U.S. national award.
Rolf Mowatt-Larssen assesses U.S.-Russian interaction on terrorism.
Olli Heinonen warns that the nuclear terrorist threat is getting increasingly sophisticated.
Headlines of the March – May 2017 issue of the U.S.-Russia Initiative to Prevent Nuclear Terrorism Newsletter:
- Japan Hosts GICNT’s 10th Plenary
- Siegfried Hecker’s Doomed to Cooperate Wins a U.S. National Award
- Rolf Mowatt-Larssen on U.S.-Russian Interaction on Terrorism
- Olli Heinonen: Terrorist Threat is Getting Increasingly Sophisticated
- The Trump Administration Requests $13.9 Bn for NNSA, Wants to Terminate MOX Plant
- UN: Terrorists No Longer Need Access to Nuclear Weapons to Effect a Nuclear Detonation
- Changes at the Belfer Center
- Byron Dorgan on U.S.-Russian Cooperation against Nuclear Terrorism
- Russians Believe Al-Qaeda Most Likely of All Non-State Actors to Use WMD against Their Country
- Spent Nuclear Fuel Removed At Andreeva Guba
- Nuclear Security Center Opens in Kazakhstan
- Russian Government Establishes Security Zones around Nuclear Facilities
- Russia to Build a New Ship to Transport Nuclear Waste
- Belfer Center Launches a U.S.-Pakistan Relations Dialogue on Nuclear Security and Other Issues
- RUSI: Central Asia Should Do More to Prevent Nuclear Smuggling
- Belarus Stages a Counter-Terrorism Exercise at NPP
- Radiation Detection System Installed at Moldova’s Main Airport
- NNSA Maps Out Its Global Effort to Remove HEU and Plutonium
- GAO: DOE and NNSA Should Improve Reporting Practices
- William Tobey on U.S. Policy toward Russia
- Murmansk Has Hosted Conference on Nuclear Terrorism
- Matthew Bunn on Insider Threats
- Russian MoD Refutes a Prank Report on Theft of Nuclear Weapons
- Elbe Group’s March Meeting Tackles Nuclear Terrorism, Other Challenges
- IPNT Experts Weigh in on North Korean Nuclear Challenge
- FMCT Group Meets
- NTI and Luxembourg Forum Organize Event to Discuss Nuclear Terrorism
- NNSA and FBI Stage a WMD Exercise.